Hive Digital’s Intensive Training Courses are courses developed to teach best practices and real world application across multiple search marketing strategies. The programs have been developed to facilitate all learning styles and all levels of knowledge. Face-to-face training is provided in a venue near our headquarters located in Research Triangle Park, NC, and on-site training is also available by request.
- Learn about our Ongoing Content Marketing Bootcamp with ASPE
- Learn about our Ongoing Google+ for Business Course with ASPE
Contact us to inquire about training opportunities for your company or your event, or to verify certification for past trainees.
Hive Digital is also offering Google+ for Business Training, SEO Boot Camp, and Content Marketing Boot Camp training courses through our partnership with ASPE. As part of this partnership, you can use the coupon code Virante (or mention during registration) to receive $200 off any ASPE course!
Our standard courses are provided to:
- Beginners interested in learning search marketing and applying best practice methodologies to their business
- Experienced marketers focused on improving/updating strategic skills to be effective in an agency setting or in-house marketing position
- Marketers with 5+ years of experience and/or looking for advanced multi-channel tactics
Custom courses are also available for training that occurs in conference and institutional settings. Hive Digital’s training services have been provided at the University of Delaware, the Kauffman Foundation, NC State University, UNC Chapel Hill, Search Exchange Conference, and for other corporate clients.
Hive Digital offers an optional Testing and Certification process for participants that complete the training programs.
Example of training provided to Company looking to improve staff’s general knowledge of SEO:
A major public university desired training to teach their in-house team SEO best practices and offsite SEO implementation techniques. As a pre-requisite for the training, Hive Digital performed an in-depth on-site analysis critiquing all aspects of their website. Upon completion of the analysis, Russ Jones traveled to their offices to conduct a full-day interactive training seminar. The training day involved:
- A walk-through of the SEO Analysis process, and how the team could conduct this level of analysis internally going forward
- A review of all findings and discussions regarding their impacts on search visibility
- Live implementation and instruction, including coding techniques, for resolving issues identified in the SEO analysis
- Presentation and training regarding link development strategies and methods for implementing in-house
- Extended Q&A sessions
Example of training provided to non-profit organization’s PR team to leverage social media and influence organic rankings:
An international non-profit foundation desired training to teach their in-house PR team appropriate strategies for Google+ and other social media techniques for leveraging their general PR efforts for SEO benefit. As a pre-requisite for the training, Hive Digital performed an audit of all social media and outreach activity. Upon completion of the audit, Mark Traphagen traveled to their offices to conduct a full-day interactive training seminar. The training day involved:
- Presentation and training regarding social media channels and impacts on search rankings
- A walk-through of the existing social media channels and discussions regarding missed opportunities and effective methods to better leverage existing thought leadership for authorship
- Presentation and review of tools available/recommended for managing social media efforts and improving visibility/reach of social media efforts
- Extended Q&A sessions
Example of One-Day Onsite Training:
Provided for Search Exchange Conference 2013
Hive Digital provided a custom 1-day training course on July 29th, 2013 at the Search Exchange conference in Charlotte, NC. The course offered boot camp sessions in Analytics, Paid Search, Onsite SEO, Social Media and Link Development.
Agenda for Search Marketing Training Provided
9:45 – 10:30 – Class teaching attendees how to identify and track key performance indicators using Google Analytics. You should attend this class if you are interested in understanding how your website is performing. Topics covered:
- Using Google Analytics to make better decisions
- Setting up goals in Google Analytics
- How to segment data and why this is important
- Determine which pages are successful and which are not
10:45 – 11:45 – Class teaching attendees how to effectively manage and leverage paid search campaigns for SEO. You should attend this class if you have a paid search campaign, or think they are worthless. Topics covered:
- Why paid search can always be helpful
- Measuring ROI
- Do’s and Dont’s of a successful campaign
2:15 – 3:15 – Class teaching how to perform an SEO audit. You should attend this class if you are concerned that your website may not be optimized for organic SEO all the way down to the code level. If you are a developer or work with them, you should plan on attending. Topics covered:
- Step-by-step process of a complete SEO site audit
- Things most web developers have never thought about that are effecting how your site is showing up in the SERPs
- Advanced techniques to push ahead of your competition in CTR
3:30 – 4:30 – Class teaching attendees about leveraging social media in their SEO campaigns. You should attend this class if you want to understand the effect of social media on search and how you can make use of it. Topics covered:
- Why and how social media affects SEO
- What really works in social media and what is a waste of your time
- The incredible power of Google+ and Google Authorship to affect search
4:45 – 5:45 – Class discussing the strategies and risks of link development. You should attend this class if you are currently or considering using link development tactics to build your website rankings. Topics covered:
- Link development strategies that hurt
- Link development strategies that work
- Strategies your competitors might use that you shouldn’t
Each session will be followed by a Q&A period with the teacher. Teachers will also be available after the sessions for more in-depth discussions with individual students.
In partnership with Search Exchange, Hive Digital is offering the full day training at $100/person for a limited time. Class sizes will be limited to 25 students. Contact us directly if you are interested in purchasing training for a single session.