Technical SEO Expert
We are looking for an experienced technical SEO for Hive Digital, a small scrappy agency trying to help change the world. If you can’t hold a strong debate on the pros/cons of hreflang implementation methods, the risks and work-arounds for lazy-loading images, or how to troubleshoot page rendering issues, then you can stop reading.
We are looking for someone to challenge ideas and processes for our team to be better, that we can similarly push, and ultimately has the skills needed to identify and tackle complex problems, with the humility to know and ask when they need help. As an agency, we tailor our strategies, methods, and deliverables to our client’s needs. If you are stuck on any single method or checklist, then you can stop reading.
Day to day would be typical agency SEO work: consulting with clients, performing audits, developing/overseeing strategy, coordinating implementation work across teams (internal/external), and sticking your nose to the grind when it counts.
- We expect you to bring some process improvements to the table and help with training other members of the team.
- We expect you to have a sense of humor (styles may vary), self-disciplined work ethic, a good moral compass, and enjoy healthy debate.
- We also wear many hats as needed to ensure the success of our clients and of our team. If you think writing page titles or putting a content brief together is beneath you, then you can stop reading.
- We expect you to overlook our ridiculous lack of consistency with bullet point usage in this job description.
- There are probably more responsibilities, but we have to get back to work so there are happy customers awaiting your arrival 🙂
Overview of compensation (none of these are withheld from your paycheck, all benefits paid by the company).
- Salary ranges based on experience and ability to promote, etc.
- Full health, dental, vision
- 2x salary life insurance policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k) though it isn’t matched at this time
- Work from home, though we typically do 1-2 “gatherings” each month for local team, and as possible with more remote members
- Flex hours as long as clients are taken care of and you are meeting “goals”
- PTO / Vacation — I think it starts at 14 days a year.. can’t remember as we aren’t sticklers if you are doing your job (see flex hours comments above)
- Okay with some side projects as long as they don’t conflict or interfere… obviously we prefer to make it easy for you to bring in-house so you get a life outside of work (tough lesson some of us are still learning!)
- If you need a company car, private jet, or similar luxurious material stuff… sorry you’ve read to far, and should move on.
A few things that are deal breakers:
- assholes not allowed, for obvious reasons
- people without a passion (or desire to discover one)
- people who aren’t interested in making the world a better place at some level… this may seem like a weird request, but we want people that desire to be a part of changing/helping something bigger than themselves…
- people who have a problem if the company votes no to clients with porn, pills, poker, racists, egoists, “offensive” business models or reputations, etc.
If you think you might be a good fit, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a recruiter looking to get a finders fee, please do not email us at this time.. we aren’t that desperate yet.
Paid Search Jobs
Paid Search Analyst
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:|
In addition to the above description the job may require additional responsibilities and duties as are needed in order to further the success of Hive Digital, Inc. These additional responsibilities have the potential to span the spectrum from menial to technically advanced in relation to the management of paid advertising campaigns and the normal operations of Hive Digital, Inc.
Job Type: Full-time
Hive Digital, Inc. is a Benefit Corporation hyper focused on assisting those people and companies that are dedicated to helping solve the worlds problems. As a digital marketing agency, not only are we passionate about the clients we work with, we are passionate about our team members and fully support them in their quest to live a happy, healthy and fully alive life.
Interested in a marketing career with Hive Digital? We love to hire amazing talent in the SEO, Paid Search, Development, and Analytics spaces! Statistics backgrounds are always a plus!
- Are you interested in joining a team of creative, innovative, data-loving, marketing scientists?
- Are you the type of person that is constantly thinking up new ways to win the “game”?
- Can you squeeze 20 years of brand development into 40 characters of text that deliver the message on point?
- Do you enjoy delivering and receiving dry, sarcastic humor?
If you answered anything other than yes to those questions, then you should just leave now.
If your answers were all an emphatic yes, then we would be interested in hearing your story and what motivates you to consider search marketing as your industry. Send us a message via email@example.com explaining why you would want to work with us!