As search and social become more and more intertwined, it is more important than ever that you establish your personal brand online. A personal brand on the web means deciding what you want to be “about,” what you want to be known for or be a recognized authority on, and then claiming every relevant social space, establishing a track record of on-topic, useful content and engagement across the Internet.
In this interview with videocaster Peter G. McCDermott (Google+ | Twitter) I talk about how I’ve been building my personal brand in order to drive the business goals of Virante Inc. The original interview was conducted as a Google+ Hangout On Air. We cover:
- What is a personal brand?
- What do I do with it?
- How do I establish my personal brand online?
- How does a personal brand fit in to promoting my business or cause?
- Why are Google+ and Google’s author verification markup powerful tools for personal branding?
- Some personal branding dos and don’ts
And here’s a great Q&A session we had after the interview, where Peter McDermott invited Hangout viewers to enter the chat and ask questions.