Measuring Social for Real Results
Kurt Uhlir (@KurtUhlir) is the Co-Founder of Buzztastic Rob Kischuk (@rkischuk) is the Founder of Badgy Shifting Market Kurt
- FB is tripling down on location
- Should we measure all this
- What is my ROI & Analytics
- Looking for the silver bullet but you’re actually just getting a pile of nerf darts
- Intentionally focus and Optimize
- Don’t just track engagement – especially if sales do not line up with the level of engagement
- Should we still be using FB insights
- Keep it Engaging
- We should really be educating the consumers about products before and during it comes out
- we need to move people toward a goal
- engagement is definitely down on FB.
- we need to rationally measure leads
- we need to take back our fans.
- likes and comments are just not cutting it anymore
- can’t just settle for education, you need to turn a non-fan into a fan and a lead into a sale
- Use Apps – the easiest way to convert a like into a lead
- make sure you add the proper permissions – especially to gain e-mails & location
- OPEN GRAPH is the “new” free cheese
- investing in apps will keep you current to be able to keep track of the proper way to use platforms
- Use Google Analytics to track how far down the sales process a user goes.
- Kissmetrics & mixpanel are great analytics programs as well
- Plain text is actually getting better conversion than pictures – be smart with your links though
- short links – use bitly pro to display your URL within your short link
- figure out what you’re trying to get out of your campaign and measure that.
- measure on every level of the sales process
Marketers Get All Analytical
Erika Jolly Brookes (@ebrookes) is the VP of Product Strategy at Oracle Marketers are changing their role in business – by exploring their enterprise value by the onset of virtual and social marketing companies that consumers feel involved in are more likely to stay as consumers
- 1/5 of all online time is on FB
- Instagram has surpassed Twitter
The biggest application of social for brands is to facilitate easy conversation. Example: A tweet got a quicker response than a phone call did with DirecTV Social mobile growth needs to be harnessed by big brands, but this isn’t going to happen until you can measure it all properly “You no longer own your brand, your fans do” Embrace your Data: Marketers need to explore the data difficulty in MultiChannel Measurement How can you turn a like into love? customer service is engaged The Audience is the most important metric on social channels you need to change your audience into an influence who engages this then turns into Actionable items which convert into Sales It’s not what you want to say to your audience it’s what they will say about you Technology
- real-time consumer relations
- global local capabilities
- workflow management
- cloud-based management
- seamless consumer/business connections
YOUR FANS OWN YOUR BRAND
The Science of Social: Facebook Measurement
Matt Peters (@Fracked) Co-founder & Creative Director at Pandemic Labs FB used to be like WWII snipers. Throw a dart and then call back and adjust – it was inefficient. Inefficiency means the time which means money. FB is now a predator drone. We know things specifically before we attack with advertising. You can already know, through analytics, when is the best time to optimize sharing a certain type of content. Metrics 1. Average Interactions per Post (AIP) – Efficiency 2. Engagement Rate (ER) Total engagements divided by Reach
compares yourself over time and over your competition.
3. Post Position (PP) – Saturation
The position of your post over a 24-hour period. Where is the drop-off when engagement drops? Essentially when do you shut up?
Engagement is the metric that moves all others. You can’t make decisions in one day, but you need to look at massive batches to see a grand scope of how your posts are doing. Posting too much? – see that there is the most engagement on the 4th post. according to Kohl’s data. This metric fluctuates from brand to brand. There are hundreds of factors involved, but be aware of yours though. WatchTower allows you to study not only your own page, but your competition which is necessary to see how you are doing over an industry Pay attention to the industry-optimized time-frames to post. This makes metrics go up and saves money.