What did you do on Google last month? Now you can have a record.
Google has made steady moves in recent times toward opening up more data to its regular (non-commercial) users. For example, the Google Dashboard displays basic information about all the Google products and services you use.
Now Google introduces the Google Account Activity Report, a monthly opt-in report that displays stats and trends about your actual usage of those Google services.
Among the data the report provides are:
- Locations from which you signed in.
- Authentication changes (if you use Google’s 2-Step Verification security service).
- Places where you checked in with Latitude.
- Number of emails sent and received, and top contacts.
- Number of web searches and you top queries.
Here’s a screen capture of what the reports will look like:
And here’s a video about the 2 Step Verification security service I mentioned above: